Thursday, October 27, 2011

Red Hook Lobster Trucks

I guess my review of RHLP doesn't say much, although I hope you can get the excitement from the "short n' sweet" nature of the post.  It is soooo good.  Really.  But I wanted to expand a bit after having lunch there again today.  My parents are both from Maine, thus I've spent more than my fair share of time there throughout my life visiting family and what-not.  As all good down-easters (and offspring) know, the BEST lobsters are the small ones because they are sweeter.  Yes, I know when you go to a fancy steakhouse, they highlight the grand size of the crustaceans, but you should be asking for the SMALL ones!  But don't worry, with the legal minimum size for fishermen to keep what's caught, even the smallest is about a pound.

With that "lobster-math" in mind, the rolls Red Hook serves have at least a lobster and a half of meat on each.  So now that you know smaller is sweeter, hopefully you can imagine how awesome the treats from this truck really are....  Better yet, you'll also figure out the $15 price tag is actually quite fairly priced.  (How much is lobster per pound in the grocery store which you then you still have to pull all apart and prepare perfectly...??)

No comments:

Post a Comment