Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Lobster Truck -- GRRRRR!!

So today I left my office at 11:25 to hit the lobster truck, due to arrive at 11:30 2 blocks from my office.  When I am 1/2 block from the destination, a new tweet comes out to say "running 15 minutes late".  Since I was already there, I wasn't going to go back to my office for 5 more minutes of work before leaving again, so I started the line where the order taker was holding a spot.  11:45 the truck pulls up and then another 12 minutes to set-up.  Only then was an announcement made there were "no Connecticut rolls on board today".  No tweets.  Nothing.  Over a half hour wasted, no other nearby trucks for lunch, and I expected other destinations would have lines by then.  ANNOYED!

Despite the concern for lines, I walked to Farrugut for the good smattering of trucks, and decided to try TaKorean again.  Good call!  Moving from 3 to 3.5 honks.  Updated review (and photo) is posted in the first blog entry (list).

2 comments:

  1. Lobster Truck pulled their CT meat because it didn't meet their high standards.. which is a good thing. Yes, it's a pain that you waited in line. No, it's not inconsiderate because they decided to provide you with the best quality. Why not get the traditional roll instead next time instead of jumping to assume lobstah love was trying to disappoint. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good to know, but would have been more helpful in a tweet or some announcement even upon arrival that the meat didn't survive the trip well; at least then the wait time would have been (substantially?) reduced.... The generic menu was even tweeted at the time of arrival, "And yes we have shrimp & lobster & limeade & whoopies" which would have been an easy time to mention no CT.

    (Been there, done that with the Traditional and it's just not my thing.)

    I DO appreciate your comment though! :-)

    ReplyDelete